Help make a difference
Victim Services of Peterborough and Northumberland is a non-profit, charitable, community based organization working in partnership with Police and Fire Services. Its mandate is to meet the short-term needs of persons victimized by crime or tragic circumstance by providing emotional support, practical assistance, and referrals to community resources for continued support.
Victim Services of Peterborough and Northumberland is looking for new Board Membership to support the agency in meeting its mission and mandate through an established Board Governance Policy Model.
- Do you want the fulfillment of making a difference in your community by volunteering at a Board level?
- Do you have leadership and strategic thinking skills that could benefit a non-profit, charitable, community based organization?
- Do you have progressive work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Not-for-Profit Sector
- Marketing; Advertising
- Human Resources
- Legal Affairs
- Emergency Services
- Fund Raising
- Mental Health & Wellness
Joining our volunteer Board of Directors at Victim Services of Peterbrorough and Northumberland may be the perfect opportunity for you.
BOARD MEMBER ROLE DESCRIPTION
To support Victim Services of Peterborough and Northumberland in meeting its mission and mandate through an established Governance Policy and Procedure Model.
- Resident of/ or Employed in Peterborough or Northumberland
- 21 Years of age or older
- Consented to a Security Clearance Investigation or Criminal Record Screening
- Provide at least 3 references
- Must attend a personal interview with the VSPN Board screening panel
- Attend all required Board Meetings
- Participate in designated agency functions
- At least 2 years since any personal traumas
If interested in joining this dynamic group of committed volunteers please contact the Board Chair at (705) 748-0324 for further details or fill out the application below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.